What to do when moving? Moving Checklist
June 22, 2018 | Tom Ashworth
Having a checklist of things to do saves a lot of worries and hassles. To avoid having regret later on, it is better to have a list of things to do.
Some of the things that you must ask a moving company are:
- How much does packing cost?
- Does packing cost include boxes and if not then how much will they cost or whether they have to be delivered by you?
- Are there any other additional charges for delivering items to a storage unit?
- How does the company handle damage claims?
- The kind of Insurance that the company provides and how much it costs?
- Are owner packed items covered under the insurance?
- Is there any option for additional insurance?
- If the items covered by your home insurance get damaged then which insurance pays first?
- Can the moving company ship your car and if so whether it will be towed or put in a moving van.
- The charges for shipping vehicles?
- What items the company does not ship?
- If due to any reason a Shuttle truck is required, whether the company will charge extra?
- If the items are packed before being loaded then can you use the bed and basics before they are loaded?
- What dates are available for your move?
- When the moving company will pack the items and how long will that take?
- When will the moving van be loaded?
- When will the moving van reach your new place?
- How long the company will hold my items if the new place is not ready to receive the delivery of my items and if so how much is the charge?
- Are there any hidden/additional costs that have not been disclosed?
- What are the terms of payment?
- Does the company require a down payment?
- When is the payment balance due and who is authorized to accept it?
These few questions are just some of the ways in which you can make your moving an easy and trouble free experience. For more questions feel free to contact me.
If you are interested in Real Estate in the Texas Hill Country, please feel free to contact Tom Ashworth (Smart Path Realtor) at (208)830-7991.