Horseshoe Bay, Texas
The city of Horseshoe Bay is located in both Llano and Burnet Counties, Texas. Before its incorporation in 2005 it was a census-designated place (CDP). The CDP had 3,337 inhabitants according to the 2000 census. The population had increased to 3,418 by 2010.
Geography of Horseshoe Bay
Horseshoe Bay is located at 30°32′41″N 98°22′06″W (30.544814, -98.368428). The city is located on the southern shore of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson; most of the city is located in Llano County while some areas extend eastwards into Burnet County. Llano city is 28 miles to the northwest and downtown Austin is located 51 miles to the southeast.
Source: 2000 U.S. Census Report
There were 3,337 inhabitants in the area with 1,623 households and 1,186 families in the CDP. The population density was 142.8 people per sq. mile. The number of housing units was 2,773 at 118.7 houses per sq. mile.
Racial Makeup (CDP):
- White: 96.22%.
- African American: 0.33%.
- Native American: 0.24%.
- Asian: 0.78%.
- Other races: 1.47%.
- Two or more races: 0.96%.
- Hispanic/Latino of any race: 4.29%.
- The average size of a household was 2.06 and average family size was 2.37.
The age breakdown of the CDP was:
Under 18 years: 10.6%.
- 18-24 years: 3.4%.
- 25-44 years: 15.0%
- 45-64 years: 36.2%.
- 65 years and older: 34.8%
- Median age: 58 years.
- Males per 100 females: 95.7
- Males every 100 females, age 18 and over: 95.7.
Income distribution of the CDP was as follows:
- Median income of a household: $54,073.
- Median family income: $65,324.
- Median Male income: $39,375.
- Median Female income: $23,019.
- Income per capita: $36,254.
- Below poverty line: 5.8% families, 6.1% of the population was below the poverty line which included 9.2% of those under the age of 18 years and 4.7% of those age 65 years or more.
Students in the Llano County part of the city attend schools in Llano Independent School District and students in Burnet County part of the city attend schools in Marble Falls Independent School District.
The city has hot and humid summers and mild to cool winters. Horseshoe Bay has a humid subtropical climate (source: Köppen Climate Classification system). It is marked as “Cfa” in climate maps.
If you are interested in Real Estate in the Texas Hill Country, please feel free to contact Tom Ashworth (208)830-7991.