The Town of Hoover’s Valley Texas
The town was founded in the mid 1850’s and is named after the Methodist preacher Isaac Hoover. Before a school was setup in 1872, the same building functioned as bot community center and school. In 1879 a Post Office was setup but closed soon after in 1881. The population history of the town is unreported however after the merger of the town’s school with Burnet ISD the town’s populations declined. There is hardly anything remaining in the town except a cemetery and some houses.
The Colorado River is located 1 mile to the west of Hoover’s Valley and Burnet city is located 10 miles northeast from the town. The area started getting settlers in mid nineteenth century and one of the earliest settlers was a Methodist preacher named Isaac Hoover who bought a 640 acre dwelling in 1854. He preached at an oak grove near the local cemetery. The community meeting place also functioned as a school until 1872 when some land was donated for setting up a school. A post office was setup seven years later and John J. Marby was appointed the postmaster; however the post office closed in 1881.
There were 58 students at the Hoover’s Valley Common School in 1896 which had reduced to 56 in 1904. The school was brought under the Burnet Independent School District in 1940s. In the 1940s the Buckner Baptist Children Home started a ranch operation in the Hoover’s Valley. The county highway map showed a school, a cemetery and a few houses but by 1989 all these markings had disappeared from the map.
Hoover Valley, Texas
The town of Hoover Valley, Texas was founded by Issac Hoover, a Methodist minister in 1850’s. The town initially had a community building that also functioned as a school till another school was set up in 1872. The town soon got a post office that functioned till 1881. Population history of the community is unreported; however after the merger of the Town school with the Burnet ISD the population of the Town declined. Today the place has little in it except for a cemetery and a few scattered houses.
A Brief History of Hoover Valley
The Colorado River is located one mile to the west of the Hoover Valley and the city of Burnet in the Western Burnet County is located ten miles to the northeast of the city. The area started getting residents in 1850’s. The town was named after the Hoover family that set up a 640 acre homestead in the area in 1854. The head of the Hoover family was Issac Hoover, a Methodist minister who held services in an oak grove close to the local cemetery. The local meetinghouse functioned as a school for the local children until some land was donated for the setting up of a school in 1872. John. J. Marby became the first postmaster of the area in 1879; however the post office was shut down in 1881. There were 58 students attending the Hoover Valley common school district in 1896 and by 1904 there were 56 children attending the school. The school was brought under the Burnet Independent School District in the 1940’s. The county map marked the area with a school, a cemetery and a few houses in 1948 however by 1989 these markings were no longer on the map.
If you are interested in Real Estate in the Texas Hill Country, please feel free to contact Tom Ashworth (208)830-7991.