The city of Cottonwood Shores is located in Burnet County, Texas. The city was inhabited by 1,123 people according to the 2010 Census.
The City is a family-oriented community; it is located on the Highland Lakes chain and has an intricate Park system which includes a Nature Preserve, two boat ramps and two constant level lakes (Lake Marble Falls and Lake Lyndon B. Johnson).
Geography of Cottonwood Shores
The city is in the southwestern Burnet County at co-ordinates: 30°33′22″N 98°19′28″W. It is located on the south bank of Colorado River and below the outlet of Lake LBJ. Marble Falls is 4 miles to the northeast, Burnet city about 17 miles to the northeast and downtown Austin is located 50 miles to the east of Cottonwood Shores.
The city spans over an area of 2.0 sq. miles and all of it is land. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau).
(Source: U.S. Census, 2000)
The city was inhabited by 877 people with 312 households and 232 families. The population density was 932.9 people per sq. mile. There were 351 housing units at 373.4 units per sq. mile.
The Racial makeup was:
- White: 88.60%
- African American: 1.03%
- Native American: 1.25%
- Asian: 0.11%
- Pacific Islander: 0.23%
- Other Races: 7.75%
- Two or more Races: 1.03%
- Hispanic/Latino (any Race): 19.61%.
Out of 312 households, 39.7% had children less than 18 years of age living in them. 56.4% of the households had married couples in them, 10.6% had female householder without husband, non-families made up 25.6% of the households and individuals made up another 19.9% of the households. People aged 65 years or older made up 8.3% of the households. The average household and family size were 2.81 and 3.23 respectively.
Age distribution of the population:
- Under 18 years: 30.0%
- 18-24 years: 8.7%
- 25-44 years: 30.8%
- 45-64 years: 19.2%
- 65 years and older: 11.4%
- Median age: 34 years
- There were 104.0 males for every 100 females and for every 100 females aged 18 and over there were 102.6 males.
- Median income (household): $36,094
- Median income (family): $37,656
- Median income (males): $28,333
- Median income (females): $17,500
- Income per-capita: $17,664
- Below poverty line: 7.6% of the families and 9.7$ of the population (including 12.8% of people aged less than 18 years and 3.1% of those aged 65 years or more) were below the poverty line.
If you are interested in Real Estate in the Texas Hill Country, please feel free to contact Tom Ashworth (208)830-7991.